Every Prince George's County legislator who actually attended the recent special session of the General Assemby voted to raise taxes on poor and working people.
Even though the people of Prince George's County have repeatedly voted against tax increases, and even though the Governor will veto this tax increase bill, those legislators seemed determined to override the both the veto and the will of the voters and raise taxes anyway.
Here is a list of Prince George's County legislators who sponsored this tax on poor and working people:
- Senator John A. Giannetti, Jr.*
- Delegate Barbara Frush
- Delegate Brian R. Moe
- Senator Paul G. Pinsky
- Delegate Tawanna P. Gaines
- Delegate Anne Healey
- Senator Leo E. Green*
- Delegate Mary A. Conroy
- Delegate James W. Hubbard
- Delegate Marvin E. Holmes, Jr.
- Delegate Joanne C. Benson
- Senator Ulysses Currie
- Delegate Dereck E. Davis
- Delegate Melony G. Griffith
- Delegate Obie Patterson
- Delegate Veronica Turner
- Delegate James E. Proctor, Jr.
- Delegate Joseph F. Vallario, Jr.*
* Indicates legislators who are attorneys and may have a personal financial interest in the outcome of tort reform legislation.