Three homicides and a shooting made last weekend the bloodiest and most violent in recent memory in Prince George's County. Already, the murder rate is up 13 percent this year.What will County Executive Jack Johnson do to stop the gore?
1. Put out another press release about being gorgeous?Have you noticed that Gazette reports on homicides almost never address whether they are solved or what haapens to the perpetrator in the very few cases where they do report an arrest.
2. Hire yet another outsider to interfere with the police department?
3. Call for more prosecutions of police officers?
4. Close more county roads to pedestrians?
5. Give away more cars to students, thus creating more potential carjacking victims?
6. All of the above?
Whatever happened about the brutal killing of the two elderly florists in Suitland? Or the others involved in the recent "Slurpee" killing or . . .
Too bad the local press does so little to help us hold our public officials responsible for their failure to protect us.