Tweets from NBC4's Tracee Wilkins:(@TraceeWilkins)22 Aug 2015: Tracee Wilkins tweets on antics of recently indicted Baker school board appointee
#Breaking: @pgcps places health director on leave for mismanagement that includes MD student immunizations. #NBC4DC pic.twitter.com/NHSXtKwIG4 Dr. Angela Wakhweya was hired by Pr. George's School CEO Kevin Maxwell in 2013 after she was fired from Anne Arundel County's health dept.
- Breaking: The Pr. George's School Board Member accused of falsifying documents for free school lunch for her kids wants back on the board.
- According to Lynn Mundey, she rescinded her resignation but the chair has not accepted it. Sources say he did not have the power to do that.
- Without board approval.
- Schools released a statement saying it's acted appropriately and this is currently being handled by legal representation for both parties.
- Mundey is one of the members appointed by the County Executive under the hybrid school board of elected and appointees.
- She's facing criminal prosecution for the free school lunch accusations along with other employees of GAO who live in the County.
4 Jul 2015: Huge increase in Prince George's school staffing?
- The chair, mentioned above, also appointed by Rushern Baker, is Baker's former brother-in-law.This new affair is not surprising considering the long record of cronyism, corruption, and criminal activity in school management since Baker first started interfering in school management over a decade ago.
9 Jan 2014: Rushern Baker continues politicization of "non-partisan" Board of Education
Despite his broken promise to not try to take over the schools, and despite the fact that the Prince George's County Board of Education is legally a non-partisan body, Rushern Baker today swears in an appointed Democratic Party political operative replacing a former elected non-partisan member of the board. Baker and the anti-democracy legislators who conspired with him should be ashamed, but, as we know, OUR legislators know no shame.31 Mar 2013: PG legislators' positions on Rushern Baker's school coup d'etat (Part seven)
(Includes some references to conflicts of interest and spporters of Baker's 2002 school law)
23 Mar 2013: Rushern Baker's planned school coup d'etat, Part six: To whom will the superintendent report
20 Mar 2013: Comments on Rushern Baker's planned school coup d'etat, Part five, Examiner editorial covers what Post left out
20 Mar 2013: Comments on Rushern Baker's planned school coup d'etat, Part four, Post editorial supporting Baker is mostly irrelevant and wrong
18 Mar 2013: Comments on Rushern Baker's planned school coup d'etat, Part three, excuses for interfering
18 Mar 2013: Rushern Baker's planned school coup d'etat, Part two, takeover bill language
18 Mar 2013: Comments on Rushern Baker's planned school coup d'etat, Part one, what the Post didn't report