Daily "Recent Prince George's County News" updates were suspended in early March 2016. They were compiled primarily from retweets of news headlines. Those retweets continue, but in unformatted and unarchived form at PG-Politics-Briefs. To follow such headlines on a current basis, follow @pgpolitics on Twitter.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Fwd: Homestead Tax Credit Increase Bill Defeated!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Victor's Community List <community@victorramirez.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:52 PM
Subject: Homestead Tax Credit Increase Bill Defeated!
To: "community@victorramirez.com" <community@victorramirez.com>
Homestead Tax Credit Increase Bill Defeated!

Dear Friend,

I am glad to report that today in our county Delegation meeting, I voted against the bill that would have increased the Homestead Tax Credit Cap.  Therefore, the bill was voted unfavorable and will not become law. I voted against this bill because it would have hurt residents of our county who are struggling to hold on to their homes and make ends meet.

As many of you know, public safety remains a top priority of mine. I am working on legislation that would allow the county government and municipalities to operate speed cameras on our county roads. Speed cameras will help crack down on negligent drivers, and will help keep our streets safer. The bill is being finalized, and I will update you in the coming weeks.

Additionally, my bill dealing with the public consumption of alcoholic beverages recently passed out of our county Delegation. This bill will give law enforcement another tool to help eliminate our single sale problem by allowing them to arrest individuals who are caught consuming alcoholic beverages while loitering around liquor stores.

Furthermore, I also want to remind you of my Delegate Scholarship Program for 2009-2010. It is available to undergraduate and graduate students from District 47 who attend college in Maryland.  You can access the application at my website www.victorramirez.com, or call my office at (301) 858-3340.  The application deadline is April 17th, 2009.

Lastly, I wanted to introduce my new legislative aide, Andy Callahan, a District 47 resident who started with my office a few weeks ago.  I want to thank Micah Watson, my former aide, for his hard work during his tenure in my office. He is now working with the Maryland Department of Transportation.

Sincerely,

Delegate Victor R. Ramirez
47th District
Tel: (301) 858-3340
____________________________________________
Victor's Community mailing list
community@victorramirez.com
http://victorramirez.com/mailman/listinfo/community_victorramirez.com

No comments:

Post a Comment