Gazette, 4 Feb 2009 (Hyslop).
It's official. A record-breaking 611 breaks and leaks beset the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission's 5,500 miles of water mains in January. . . . Last week, reacting to reports that the bi-county utility's governing board did not discuss a manager's report on the breaks during a daylong meeting, Montgomery County Council members condemned the WSSC's board as a six-member authority that "no longer works." [More]For more on WSSC problems, see the ongoing series of reports by Adam Pagnucco and Wayne Goldstein at Maryland Politics Watch.
- Who Will Call the Question on WSSC?, 3 Feb 2009
- WSSC Put To Shame By Others In Response To PCCP Crisis, 30 Jan 2009
- Can Anyone Believe What WSSC Says About Its PCCP?, 29 Jan 2009
- More Chaos at WSSC, 28 Jan 2009
- Former WSSC Commissioner Responds to MPW, 28 Jan 2009
- Johnson Appointees Run Amok at WSSC, 22 Jan 2009
- WSSC Endangers Us By Failing To Confront The PCCP Problem, 8 Jan 2009
- Crisis at WSSC, 24 Dec 2008
- WSSC Needs to Get Flushed, Part Two, 21 Nov 2008
- WSSC Needs to Get Flushed, Part One, 20 Nov 2008
(Posted 4 Feb 2009)