Daily "Recent Prince George's County News" updates were suspended in early March 2016. They were compiled primarily from retweets of news headlines. Those retweets continue, but in unformatted and unarchived form at PG-Politics-Briefs. To follow such headlines on a current basis, follow @pgpolitics on Twitter.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A message to Speaker Busch

(Posted 30 Oct 2007)
After reading what Maryland House Speaker Michael Busch told the Washington Times, I dashed off a quick message to him:

You said:
"I've never seen someone come down here and say: 'Don't fund my schools,' " said House Speaker Michael E. Busch, Anne Arundel Democrat.
I think you're full of it!

I've been saying publicly and in blogs for the past couple of years:
Money is not the problem with education. Educational results have not improved with increased funding. Funding increases often go to pay more administrators and for frills like luxury gyms.
I've never seen a politician willing to guarantee that a funding increase for education would actually improve educational results.

So, are you, Mr. Speaker, willing to put your money where your mouth is? Will you pay us back if you raise our taxes but educational results do not improve?
I'll post his answer if I ever receive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment