(Posted 30 Jun 2007, Updated 10 Oct 2007)
It has been over 15 months since the fire at the busy International House of Pancakes, 4400 St. Barnabas Road, just across the way from the Marlow Heights Shopping Center, and near the center of the current Branch Avenue Corridor planning activity.
Despite IHOP's claim that "we are committed to being a strong corporate citizen," the property remains a burned-out, boarded up eyesore. Photo.
Nobody seems to care.
- The county obviously has done nothing.
- The absentee owner of the property has done nothing
- Richard S. Smith, Trustee et.al.
- 24737 Pico Canyon Road
- Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381-1702
- IHOP headquarters did not answer my request for information about their plans.
How can we hope to achieve Jack Johnson's ideal of Gorgeous Prince George's when his staff allows property owners to let their eyesores fester for month after month and year after year?