Gory Prince George's
- Fifth murder of the new year
- Sixth murder of the new year
- Arrest in 2005 murder
- Ruling in shooting suit
- Post, 22 Jan 2006
A Prince George's County undercover narcotics police corporal who followed an unarmed college student to Fairfax County and fatally shot him is responsible for his wrongful death, according to a civil jury that awarded $3.7 million in damages to the victim's daughter and parents..
- Frustration and Fear Boil Up in Pr. George's; Hundreds at Forum Complain of Growing Crime
- Post, 22 Jan 2006 (by Allison Klein, Washington Post Staff Writer).
- Officials mentioned in the story:
- C. Anthony Muse (former Delegate)
- Glenn F. Ivey (State's Attorney)
- Jim Estepp (former Council member)
- Jack Johnson (County Executive) Absent
- Melvin High (Chief of Police) Absent
- Beatrice P. Tignor (school board chairman)
- Thomes E. Dernoga (Council chairman)
- Joseph F. Vallario, Jr. (Delegate)
- Wayne Curry (former County Executive)
- Samuel H. Dean (Council member)
Hundreds of Prince George's residents packed an Upper Marlboro church yesterday to warn county officials that they are fed up with increasing crime and want some relief.
[. . .]
Residents and a few county officials painted a grim picture of some streets and school halls, where criminals and unruly teens often have more control than law enforcement and principals.
- Residents Call for Change in Prince George's County
- A School System on Trial
- Post, 22 Jan 2006 (Editorial).
- Commentary: Do Post editorial writers live in the same world as the rest of us?, 24 Jan 2006
- Boundaries Change in Pr. George's; Board Shifts Students to New Schools
- Post, 22 Jan 2006
The Prince George's school board approved new attendance zones for several elementary and high schools to help fill two schools scheduled to open in August. The shifts will move 2,125 students over two years into the new Dr. Henry A. Wise Jr. High School in Upper Marlboro and 660 kindergarten students to a West Hyattsville elementary school that has not been named.