- Lawmakers prep agendas for upcoming session
- Gazette, 5 Jan 2006 (by Tiesha Higgins, Staff Writer)
- Issues and politicians mentioned:
- Subsidizing PG Hospital: Sen. Currie (D-25); Jack Johnson (D)
- Diverting school tax funds: Del. Griffith (D-25)
- Crime and strip clubs: Del. Frush (D-21)
- Liquor laws: Sen. Giannetti (D-21); Del. Ross (D-22)
- Route 1 road improvements: Del. Frush (D-21)
- Possible overall lack of accomplishment: Sen. Currie (D-25)
- Delegations get ready
- Gazette, 6 Jan 2006
Includes summary of above story.
- Prism of politics; Governor candidates will be watching the legislative session to see what happens — and what doesn’t
- Gazette, 5 Jan 2006 (by Thomas Dennison, Staff Writer)
. . . Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr., the legislature’s leading slots advocate, did not seem optimistic this year, even though he has been talking about using slots to generate revenue for a tax cut to military retirees, lower property taxes and higher teacher pensions. . . .